Saturday, December 15, 2012

Wow, That Was a Mistake....

I left the site a little later than I expected last night…
My hotel is directly across from the ANZ Stadium in Sydney Olympic Park, and last night was a big cricket match*.
In addition to a billion extra people staying at the hotel, (it seemed like) most of Sydney was milling about in the streets between the hotel and the stadium.
And of course, with the huge influx of people heading to the game, the wait at all the local restaurants was 60 to 90 minutes…

Screw it, I thought, and hopped on the subway and headed to Lidcombe…
I left the station and my dogs were howling, so I figured I stop at the first place that caught my eye…
Just around the corner from the station on Joseph St. was a small Chinese place…
You know the kind- so small they have 2 or 3 tables and no real sign or name- just “that little Chinese place on Joseph St”.

I should have looked around a little more…

About 5:30 this morning the cramps hit me hard and by 6:30 everything that wasn’t original equipment had been ejected...
Forcibly.
(Yeah, I know, TMI)
Dry toast for breakfast…

Note to self:
No more shithole Chinese places for dinner.
 

*(I briefly contemplated going to the match, but I was tired and sore from a long hot day. There is another one next week. Maybe I’ll hit that one…)


TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Ah yes... You 'should' have gotten a full translation of the sign... :-)